.

.

16 April 2012 —



Besides tips, my favorite thing about waitressing is all the different people i meet. With the herring opening going on these last few weeks theres been scads of interesting ones. Including, but not limited to: some high-up rep from NationalGeo, a french camera crew here to flim the opening for TV, and a cool kid named Keller that invited me up in his float plane, DANG. coolest. thing. ever. its crazy (and slightly pathetic) to me how long i've lived in Sitka and how little of it i've actually seen. We landed out in Redoubt Lake and just chilled on the beach, with literally nothing around but nature. the mountains. the snow. the trees. the lake. the birds. dang, God did some solid work up here. I think i fell more in love with Alaska in those few hours than all 21 years combined. Good luck getting me to leave here, ever.

oh, and in case you didnt know.. float planes can (and do) roll.as in upside down. like a fighter jet. some of them even come with a nice pilot named Keller who tells you thats what you get for climbing into a float plane with a complete stranger. serves me right.