.

.

cleansing.

26 May 2013 —

Lately I've been obsessed with this bog. Maybe because her daughter is the cutest thing ever? Maybe because I like to live vicariously through her beach pictures? Probably mostly because i'm really inspired by their veganism (real word? probably not.) I stumbled upon it a couple months ago and was like oh hey, being a vegan sounds cool I think i'll try that. and then I probably had a cheeseburger for dinner.it was a valiant effort. In the weeks that followed I was paying a lot more attention to what i was putting into my body. Not to say i made any changes,i just started noting how much I was eating that wasn't good for me. I tried to do a couple fruit/veggie cleanses and always failed before dinner time. I mean i work in a restaurant, its hard stuff saying no to mozzarella sticks! So I went back to Drea's blog to see how she went about changing her lifestyle. I  followed all of her links to read about ingredients like rennet and carmine and my mind was seriously blown. Some of this stuff that we're consuming is extracted from dried insects and mass slaughtered baby cow stomach's. I mean just really nasty stuff. So i decided to buy myself a little cleansing kit and take it from there. I'm not saying that i'm going to become a vegan, because chances are- I won't. I mean I live in Alaska, if you don't eat fish..your weird. I'm just saying that it's time for a healthy change, and ridding my body of the last 22 years seemed like a good start;) here's to day 1.