.

.

Single and Not Waiting

08 November 2013 — 4 comments

Disclaimer: if you're not single you probably won't be into this, juuuust saying.

It's good you guys, it's real good. Click, read, and thank me later. 


 I've probably read it like, 500 times at this point. When DID being single become a waiting game for the rest of my life to start? I mean, the last few years have been good, real good. I've traveled across the world and I've spent time with friends and family. I've done a whole lot of puzzles and eaten my body weight in gummies. I've enjoyed the last few years. But I guess I also treated them like this waiting time. Like they were things that had to be done or things to fill my time, you know, before my real life starts. Um, my real life already started, I have proof.

 inside the grand canyon. can you see me?




So now that we figured that out, lets #backthatazzup with Whitney!

Disclaimer: nobody will like this
But you guys, it's their new single. I meeean, how could I not?


                                                

4 comments

  1. So glad you linked to that singleness post! I think I've actually read it before, but it was just as good the second time around as it was the first. This is definitely a post worth reading and saving for later, too. :)

    I'm definitely guilty of treating God like a vending machine and looking to Him for solutions to my problems which really aren't problems at all. Like the author of the post said, each day is a gift and our lives don't start when we get married. They started when we were born and we need to remember that singleness is NOT a disease--something I all too often do. It's tough, because the people I'm around always want me to put myself out there or find a boyfriend or go on a date. It's tough because in this world singleness is treated like a disease or a problem and it's not okay to be okay with being single (does that make sense?).

    Anyway, that last paragraph was pretty much a pep talk and rant mixed into one and if you read it, then well, you're awesome. :) So grateful for this link and this post of yours, girl! Thanks again for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um i'll take a singleness pep talk any day hahaha, i'm so guilty of thinking of it as a negative thing and it's not! but you're right, this world does make us feel like its not okay to be okay with it and it's super hard for me to switch mentalities! So glad you stopped by and appreciated it as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. I always felt this way, and still believe that most people find their deepest truest loves while they AREN'T looking or waiting or stalking. I think the magic is all in how you're brought together. I actually was always envious of the girls who were single, because I met my husband in 7th grade (what?!) and would not accept it. The grass is always greener, so for now, enjoy those granny sweaters and reality TV - your "you" time may be numbered and you may not even realize! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree that love tends to fall on us when we're not looking, but that darn grass! it's so green and luscious haha! of course you would be envious of single girls because i'm sure we are ALL envious of you finding your love in 7th grade (um adorable). I really should try and appreciate my me time while i still have it, though. I should probably also reevaluate what my me time consists of haha. I wasn't joking when I said too much reality tv...

      Delete